A Successful Website Needs Link Popularity
One way to gain popularity for your website is to build links that point back to your site. When the search engines see that you have a lot of other websites linking to your site they will know that your website is popular and will reward you with a higher search engine ranking.
Some website owners have misused the link building process by creating link farms for the sole purpose of building backlinks to their websites and the search engines have become aware of this and will restrict those websites to misuse the process. For those website owners who use the link building process correctly they can achieve very positive results.
You can give your website a very important internet presence when you use link building effectively. Here are some effective methods for building backlinks to your website.
1. Link exchanges. With a link exchange you contact other website owners and offer to swap links. You place a link to their website on your site and they return the favor and place a link to your website on their site. If you don’t want an ‘obvious’ link swap you can try a three way link with another website owner so that no two websites are directly swapping.
2. Article Marketing. Write articles and submit them to article directories. Most article directories will allow you a resource box where you can include a link to your website. Good quality articles will get many readers and if you use your resource box wisely you can entice those readers to visit your website.
3. Article syndication. If the articles you submit to article directories are of high quality there is a good chance that they will be syndicated. This means that other website owners will publish your articles on their websites. The terms of website owners’ using your article is that they include the resource box that includes the link to your website. The more your articles are syndicated the more backlinks your article will give you.
4. Blog commenting. Find other blogs within your niche and leave comments and include a link to your website. Never spam blogs with your comments or they will most likely just get deleted. Instead, always leave good quality comments on blogs.
5. Forum marketing. Join some forums within your niche and include a link in your forum signature. You should always check the forum rules before doing so as some forums don’t allow signature links. Be an active participant in the forum as the more posts that you make the more links you are building with your signature link. Leave information and helpful forum posts and other forum members are more likely to click on your link and visit your website.
When you get visitors to your website make sure that you keep those visitors. Have an interesting site that gives visitors what they are looking for. A good, information and exciting website will keep visitors coming back.